- Sleeping in a public place: I’m looking at you, airport floor.
- Brushing your teeth in a public bathroom: Again, airport.
- Day drinking: Because when you’re in Argentina – the home of malbec – not doing a wine tasting is blasphemous, even if it is 2:00 on a Wednesday afternoon.
- Drinking on any weekday, for that matter: Because sometimes, someone at the hostel happens to come across a bottle of tequila. Or because a bottle of decent wine costs $2 at the supermarket next door.
- Not bathing: Whether it’s due to a lack of hot water, a lack of water pressure, a fear of communal bathrooms or a travel itinerary that simply does not budget time for showering, sometimes you just have to put on a bunch of deodorant and hope for the best.
- Wearing your backpack on the front of your body: Do I look like an American tourist dad right now? Absolutely. Will my wallet get stolen, though? Nope.
- Eating whatever, wherever, whenever: Dulce de leche for breakfast? Sure. Empanadas throughout the day? Yup. Arguably one of the best parts of traveling is the food, and thou shalt never turn down a churro.
Photo courtesy of Julia Chini